I was part of a movement of "dinosaur moms" when I lived in Maryland (Astrodon Johnstoni is the Maryland state dinosaur.) Which is nothing more than this -- dinosaur moms delight in the half-feral nature of the beasties they parent, even as they whisper Shakespeare and Kierkegaard in their ears at night.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Monday, October 15, 2007
2. How long have you been together? 15 years, depending on how you count.
3. How long dated? Depends -- about a year
4. How old is your man? A year and a school grade ahead
5. Who eats more? Me, but I eat better.
6. Who said “I love you” first? Spouse.
7. Who is taller? Spouse towers over me at 5'7"
8. Who sings better? Me. But he's awfully good.
9. Who is smarter? Spouse, but I'm better educated.
10. Whose temper is worse? His.
11. Who does the laundry? Me.
12. Who takes out the garbage? Spouse, but we're training the kids to do it.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I sleep house right. He sleeps stage right.
14. Who pays the bills? Spouse.
15. Who is better with the computer? Spouse
16. Who mows the lawn? No lawn. Rocks.
17. Who cooks dinner? His mama. Me on weekends.
18. Who drives when you are together? Spouse.
19. Who pays when you go out? Spouse. I never have cash. Also, he tips better.
20. Who is most stubborn? Me, but he's getting there.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Spouse
22. Whose parents do you see the most? His mom lives with us and his father lives nearby.
23. Who kissed who first? We were in a play together in high school and I contrived to put a kiss where it wasn't in the script.
24. Who asked who out? Neither. Just happened. But he took the initiative to drive out to see me when we lived far apart.
25. Who proposed? He did. Bended knee -- the whole thing.
26. Who is more sensitive? He is more sensitive to minor irritations. I am more sensitive to noise and smell.
27. Who has more friends? Me. But he is the better friend.