I was part of a movement of "dinosaur moms" when I lived in Maryland (Astrodon Johnstoni is the Maryland state dinosaur.) Which is nothing more than this -- dinosaur moms delight in the half-feral nature of the beasties they parent, even as they whisper Shakespeare and Kierkegaard in their ears at night.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

On hyphenating

I have been reading the SWPL complete list and am definitely having one of those "It's true. We're so lame." Homer Simpson moments of embarrassed recognition.

I need to be busted out every day for something on this list. But I was hyping the virtues of hyphenating just this very day. The selling point? It makes you easier to find on search engines. Else how would anyone you knew from high school ever look you up? Which is another thing, apparently, that White people like.

No comments: