I was part of a movement of "dinosaur moms" when I lived in Maryland (Astrodon Johnstoni is the Maryland state dinosaur.) Which is nothing more than this -- dinosaur moms delight in the half-feral nature of the beasties they parent, even as they whisper Shakespeare and Kierkegaard in their ears at night.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tony Tony Tony


I thoroughly enjoyed this year's Tony's. Girl was pleased to see Daniel Radcliffe presenting. I was glad he kept his clothes on.

Congrats to Patti LuPone for her first win since "Evita". Her performance in that opera will always hold a special place in my life, as it is the longest continuous piece of music that I know by heart and so became the go-to song for getting Girl to sleep as a babe. I am curious if she went to see "Evita" now, whether she wouldn't just conk out.

Congrats also to Lin-Manuel Miranda, for "In the Heights", and most of all for delivering the acceptance speech by which all other acceptance speeches shall henceforth be measured.

Finally, kudos to host Whoopi Goldberg, for not going snarky or political -- just playing it like the campy goof mug that she is.

No comments: