I was part of a movement of "dinosaur moms" when I lived in Maryland (Astrodon Johnstoni is the Maryland state dinosaur.) Which is nothing more than this -- dinosaur moms delight in the half-feral nature of the beasties they parent, even as they whisper Shakespeare and Kierkegaard in their ears at night.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Iterative Like Jello

One of the things I am really enjoying about this foray into punk or psychobilly or whatever it is The Dude and Ed Stephens and I are doing here, is how completely foreign it all is. I mean, I at least know who The Meat Puppets are. Well – I mean, I know that they’re a band. But these guys played with them.

So I was talking to this techie guy at work today. So, basically “your company’s computer guy.” I’m trying to articulate this insight I’m starting to have about the process. And this thing, this quality, this “it” that I’m trying to describe without hurting his techie brain – he just shoots it, tags it, and releases it.

“Yeah, I know what you mean,” he says. “It’s an iterative process, like when Jello Biafra would hum this … and the Dead Kennedy’s would strum this…”

“Yes, iterative. That’s what it is (keying in dictionary.com). Nnh-hnh.”

No comments: