I was part of a movement of "dinosaur moms" when I lived in Maryland (Astrodon Johnstoni is the Maryland state dinosaur.) Which is nothing more than this -- dinosaur moms delight in the half-feral nature of the beasties they parent, even as they whisper Shakespeare and Kierkegaard in their ears at night.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Expelled!


Have you seen what that Ben Stein's been up to lately? What is THAT about? I will leave the recitation of the arguments against creationism to more able minds, such as that of my dear friend Glenden Brown.

I will only add that it does seem right-wing academics very much enjoy feeling that they are a persecuted minority and especially like the parts where they get to liken themselves to Martin Luther King.

MLK! I've just finished watching "Boycott", so you'll have to forgive me for being a little touchy on the subject. (Darn fine movie, that, but a little trippy.)

I propose a corollary to Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies that states that as a right-wing screed grows longer, the probability of a comparison with Martin Luther King approaches one.

1 comment:

Astrodon Johnstoni said...

Why? Just because the entire point of the movie is a defense of rigorous national debate?