I was part of a movement of "dinosaur moms" when I lived in Maryland (Astrodon Johnstoni is the Maryland state dinosaur.) Which is nothing more than this -- dinosaur moms delight in the half-feral nature of the beasties they parent, even as they whisper Shakespeare and Kierkegaard in their ears at night.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

In Praise of the Humble Beefy-T


Although I've got nothing but love for my Baltimore homies at UnderArmour, today's rant is going to have to be against the fashion they spawned -- these silky, clingy, thin poly blends for men. I cannot begrudge My Beloved the softness and cool wicking action of this garb, yet it nips him out and hugs his butt such that he looks like he stepped out of an International Male catalog.

Here I must part company with my SWPL brethren. Much though, I believe I've mentioned, I love my husband's frame. Still, as we live in Phoenix and not Key West, I confess I'd rather see it in a beefy-T and some Levi's , as God intended.

I fear the ecologists are exacerbating the problem. Come summer, the fashion-forward eco-warrior will be wearing bamboo fibers under his army jacket. It's going to take more than a screen print of your revolutionary of choice (Is it still Che Guevara?) to butch up that chemise. What is to be done?

No comments: